My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Every now and then....

A wave passed through town tonight, marking the end of more than a month of pressure-cooker conditions. As if the Almighty's heel had been pressed to the region, today I could feel it lift with a small flurry, no real fireworks. Soon the mercury will dip below sixty for the first time since May and some of us will evolve to resolve to carry on the cycle and watch scary movies. These are the way things go.
Tonight I tried to think of a list of the absurdly lucky. I thought, in no order: Adam Sandler, Dane Cook, Chip Caray, Julia Roberts, Andrew McCarthy (I just saw some of "Class" again [gotta love how they just sweep an obviously disturbed Jaquelline Bisset under the rug]), Steven Speilberg, Clint Howard, Jay Leno, (I'm avoiding the obvious teeny-pop dildos) Warren Beatty, Alan Parker, Robert Redford- the director, Billy Dee Williams (duh), Naomi Watts, Rene Zellwegger, anyone on Seinfeld or Friends, Howie Mandel (touch this man if you get the chance, please!), Soon Yi Previn, Benedict the XVI... I guess.
As the wheel turns, I stand by my dish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home