My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

I bang you with chains of Iron!


Just like I thought, salt water (the sea, Pee, the sea) has amazing healing powers. Why, it was even able to draw the string out of my leg, Jack. Yep, after a few days submerged in Panama City, my leg spat out some of the guitar string that should've come out over a year ago. Problem is that it's just hanging out on a loop and I can't seem to pull it out. Or if I gave it a good pull, I'm not sure what else would come with it, so I have to trust the medical "professionals" again. Still, I feel like I'll be exorcised at last, the nightmare over. This probably means more antibiotics, too. Well not til after my birthday, goddammit. When you say no to champagne, you say no to life.

More and more I understand the fountain of youth appeal of the Sunshine State. In the film, Network, William Holden talks about death having discernible features. I don't think I'm there yet but it feels that summer hovers at the apex and prepares to ease in to another slow decline. I missed fall last year. In L.A., fall is you notice that it rained for ten minutes one day, and you can't remember the last time it rained, just that it was back in the spring, so this must be fall. And the daylight recedes. The full moon on Tuesday will be the tipping point.


Above the sawgrass prairie I was aware of the sacred dunes, every flag flying at some point, the last rumblings of a hurricane expiring at my feet, the sun and salt feeding my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home