My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blue?!?!?!

I write in angry red letters to protest. When I heard that the Atlanta Hawks were changing their uniforms, I did a little jig in my heart because our unis were pathetic. Not outright terrible, mind you, just dull, no imagination. I even wrote twice this past season, to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, to say that one of the problems of a destitute franchise is a lack of identity. Then the news came down that the top brass agreed so I felt almost vindicated, like I had done my bit, you know, one small voice... Then I clicked on the link to see the new uniforms to be worn by the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association..... and I felt like I had been punched in the heart bone. Normally, I'm optimistic to the point that borders on fantasy but I couldn't feel good for two seconds, looking at the steaming crap that floated off my monitor. One main thing that jumps out is the lack of imagination, that somehow things could get more forgettable. But the main travesty was that they changed the main color to BLUE!!! And a dull navy, at that. It looks like the color of airport carpet. The Atlanta Hawks are RED. Good God. I sat there on the couch feeling totally deflated for a good while and then angrily read the release from the team, saying that they took this very seriously and that tradition was extremely important. I can't say enough bad things and I'm tired of feeling that way about MY team. No wonder nobody gives a damn. AAARrrrrgggghhhhhhh.
Sorry to go so sports but I had to say that. When I finish this painting, I hope to make a more artful statement.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new painting already! Clothes on women are sexy.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is what that lady wearing the uniform you proposed?

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photographs don't do the painting justice. It looks ten times better in the flesh, er, oil.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home