My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Contact, he shouts.



This continent is truly divided, I've discovered again. Dashing from Marietta to the white rim canyons and red rock towers of Moab can have side effects, like extended vibrating and something akin to narcolepsy. Meanwhile, images from our campsite on the peninsula known as BPO, for Big Pocket Overlook, remind me of a ghostly sunset and a bonfire that could be seen from the Island in the Sky itself.











All too soon after dangling my legs over the Canyonlands, we were blasting back over the Mississippi at sunrise. The radio and TV stations started with a W again and the moisture filled the air in the stark sunlight. Still springtime for now but summer churns in the airs and brown waters of mighty rivers.





















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home