My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Hail, Me-Sir!!??

Mostly dime to the occasional quarter. The hail, that is, that pelted my auto outside the Motel 6 here in Carlsbad, New Mexico. It blew up from the south just at dusk tonight as I was returning from Sonic because there was a flood between me and other establishments. In light of the fact that I did not choose the joint as much as it chose me, the food was excellent and those good people have a return customer. Anyway, this biblical storm was bearing down like Exodus just as I hit the room. I was lucky to make it in here with barely a drop on me today during my drive from Lordsburg which was one of the scariest places I've inhabited and I've been all around this world. Tornadoes came out of this exact cell ten miles up the road. I'm a lucky feller. The drive has been smooth and I am blessed with a good car.


I could have easily wound up between flooded highways since the rain is pounding and the desert has no where to keep it. Ever tried to sleep in a Miata?
Tomorrow under ground again...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim T says: no, but I know what it's like to sleep in a B-210. But a Miata isn't quite so roomy.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Tony Aguirre said...

That's the spirit, Jimmy T!! I saw the campground where we camped back in '85 in White's City, NM. That tent wasn't all that much better. Didn't matter, we were high, in all ways.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home