My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Vasquez Rocks!!

What a delight to walk in the footsteps of Captain Kirk, the Gorn, Bela Lugosi, Cecil B. Demille, and hundreds of others. I tried to imagine the perfume of Heddy Lamar still hanging in the air and how the bright sun would have looked on Shatner's yellow tunic. These are Vasquez Rocks, tucked into the San Gabriel foothills above the San Fernando Valley and they've been the background to scores of movies, TV shows, and commercials. Hell, there was a film crew there when I took this shot, probably one there every day. It was a great place to frolic and boulder, what little I could was encouraging anyway. Shit, if Shatner in a girdle can get up there then I guess I can make it on one gammy leg, Jack.
It was a day of beginnings and endings as winter wrapped and the equator centered between heaven and the inferno, meaning spring had arrived in the evening. Now on the first full day of the season I look to the east and seek the red earth of Tara for strength and inspiration. May my escape precede the crumbling of the Tower...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home