My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thick, thick nights

Wow. These are brutal times. It's hard now to remember the gentle July with August providing some of the most intensely thick heat in recent memory. I mean, the low temperature for the next few days is 76. That means you never stop sweating if you're in the elements. I'm no baby, but how did they do it back about fifty years ago when central air was almost science fiction? Did that ultra suffering produce some ultimate character or did it serve to melt the class lines, I wonder.
When I open the door
A cascade of steam tumbles onto my feet
Someone jumping through glass
O' evil sheriff
Give me some swamp romance
The fire goes down to my belly
Affirming my place in the sequel
In need of the southern toughness
Each kiss a fresh baptism
The next touch, flowing life


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home