My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

I stand by my dish.

I just got around to doing this today, about a month late. Drawing with the mouse is actually a good substitute for painting and there's no messy cleanup. I'm taking one good, deep breath and then I'll open the tubes and get on to the next painting. I've been cutting a video project which was a lot to chew and I'm gagging, but it'll get done. And then there's the business of choosing a vocation. I'm getting out that astronaut application form again. I don't need the diapers and I can do anything drunk that I can do sober. Throw in adultery and cross country humiliation and it can't be too different from the job I used to do. Twenty years ago tonight, I packed into a '73 VW Bug convertible and took off on the road. We drove through the night and stopped in the early morning in Port Neches, Texas. The next destinations would be more exotic. Although, one morning, Joe's cousin, Tammy, woke me with a kiss and whispered, I love you in my ear. So there can be a few good memories to come out of the inferno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home