My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

..90 Miles out of Atlanta by sundown...

Barring a cataclysm of biblical proportions this will be my last post in the east for a while. If possible I plan to make my way to New Orleans and view the carnage first hand since I was one of the last non-residents to see the place before God's finger slipped late the night of August 28th last year. If I don't make the mistake of smelling the salt air in Blaine, Missouri and thinking I'm in California (really I'm not going anywhere near Missouri) I'll be king of the road rash getting through Texas but then the land will change and I'll know slpendors of the ancient world and I'll eat peyote with naked indians and harmony will abound.
I'm getting a little ahead of myself as I've yet to pack the Miata which will be an exercise in futile vanity mixed with necessity and sprinkled with showmanship a la P.T. Barnum. If you see my traveling road show coming, send up a flare and welcome me that I might tell tales for my meals and earn the love of your daughters. This journey has been one of strange twists but I will look back at the Loring Lock and know that I'll someday return to the shadow of the Hemlocks, deep in the heart of Dixie. God bless us, every one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home