My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

This is my happening...

A new menagerie has sprouted in the back yard which gives me a warm feeling. Anyone who knows me would be able to pick mine out of the bunch. Again, to qualify, I did it in the dark with an old kitchen knife so I’m ok with the results. Normally I would hold myself to a higher standard or, at least, level of craftsmanship. I’m now able to make the climb up the hillside to the exotic terraces of the back yard. There are dozens of great spots to read or meditate in delicate shade or liquid sun. I’m trying to build back a healthy glow after spending a summer in winter and the pale, ashen look of a vampire or a milkman.


I see God out the window.
He “…reminds me that all of Los Angeles is a jungle!”
But we trust each other now.
What I saw of evil was unintentional
Like so much of nature
But I’ll keep the poncho
Covering the butt of the revolver.

This is my pumpkin next to one that a very cute little lady carved. I spent a good deal of time flirting with her and hope to see her again soon and that someday we’ll marry and this photo will be the theme, representing the bond we instantly shared. A replica will adorn the wedding cake and the bride’s family will be identified with the wild star motif and my folks will have the classy Nightmare Before Christmas look. We’d honeymoon in San Francisco, checking in to the St. Francis hotel and reserving the Fatty Arbuckle suite. Or at least I hope I get to sleep with her, but I don’t remember her name at the moment. No matter, if it’s meant to be I’ll slip on it.
October begins to wind down with its usual fury and I try to hang on. Achilles did not recover from his wound but I climb the hill every day now. My mind knows a new freshness as well, sensing the renewal on the first light of morning. Not that I see that light very often.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the punkin' carving chick.

dave

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home