My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Coming Like a Ghost Town

Perhaps charcoal on my fingertips will stay the hunger that roars in my spirit. Only time will tell. Meanwhile, these are the golden days of the Promised Land with the high temperature a cliche 72 and then the chilled nights of sea air caught over a bowl at the edge of the desert. The harvest moon blazes with a blue intensity and blasts through the wispy clouds that collect on the horizon at sunset. And everywhere the sturdy palm manages to thrive, even in the sugar-coated filth for which L.A. is known. I tell you, no dirty city ever looked better. And there's history on every corner.
There's mystery in this corner with a hazy poncho to confuse the issue. Oh, you, hazy poncho! Ahem, back to the Menagerie. I have nothing officially scary to report yet but it's early in the season. I took Walter on a midnight walk to the roundabout at the end of the cul-de-sac in the blistering moonlight and that was kinda spooky. We'll get there, Mr. Homer. I watched "The Trip" starring Peter Fonda and directed by Roger Corman. That was kinda scary, in a bad acted sorta you're-making-me-have-a-bad-trip type of discomfort but I would recommend it for a larf. Keep a stiff upper lip. Sydney or the bush! Give my regards to Broadway. Rebels are we! Born to be free! Just like the fish in the sea! Power has driven me mad.

It starts with a pulse
Add layer upon layer
Collapsing, at last

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home