My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Like Vincent Price sinister

Boo. October has arrived and the best month of the year begins with knights waving staffs and the great Magician gets it all started. I patiently wait to get my bounty, lining up classic scary movies to watch and celebrate harvest and decline and the renewal of the great cycle. I offer up my own metaphysical wicker man as sacrifice and warm myself by the flames and know that I guarantee another year of bounty. As I walked out today, drops of rain fell just as I opened the door for about five minutes and then fell no more. Strange coincidence. It did little more than make spots in the dust on the black bug but it was nice to feel and gave hope that more may follow. Next time I'll wish for something bigger. There.

Perhaps it's all in the mind but it truly feels like one day can feel like September and then the next day feels like October, like the air is different on schedule. November 1st, the Day of the Dead, the day after Halloween looks amazingly different. It's remarkable, when you get up on November 1st, the light has changed and it looks a little harder and more serious. I've never seen another change from one day to the next that is so ritually dependable. Something build's in the air from the beginning through the end of October and the end of the month is the perfect time for a pagan festival. These are east coast remembrances and I'm hoping they transpose to the west. Only time will tell. "It's a piece of wood. It's got nerves in it." Anyone?

The tease came on cue
As usual I answered
They still let me play


Put down your mice, people of the world, and play some music and get intoxicated by something, be it wine or a book or a painting or a psychotic game of life and death, the winner takes all! I once filled the skies with my planes but now I seek a different challenge and assemble what troops I have for a last stand before they reach the coastline. I'm in the process of assembling rogues and rapscallions for my private militia. Of course, we're protecting the ladies in the rear. How did it come to this?

The skull's open mouth
A dog's nose under my arm
Encouraging me

Just give me two feet
Months of inspiration held
See what I erect

I'm the high bidder
I'll get what's coming to me
In more ways than one

Gershwin to finish
A perfect path to morning
Tumbling in my dreams


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home