My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Les Fleurs du Murder!

I am paralyzed with fear. I don't feel I really have to qualify that. My upstairs neighbors had a little Halloween pumpkin carving party tonight and I got to meet some cool, nice people. I took Annabelle with me and she served me faithfully as I carved away. I hashed out a standard classic jack-o-lantern in no time, even with a rusty kitchen knife in the dark on a beautiful twilight as the degrees hit at 69. On a down note, a disturbing trend continued when I was in a conversation about music with someone and the dude had to tell me, "Oh yeah, my dad's into that so I got into it." So I'm left thinking, ".... ah yes, me and your dad. I'm old." Still, I kept some dignity for my generation, though it was also noted by someone else at the party that no one looks their age anymore, especially here. I'm ok with this.
This is 3301 Waverly Drive, better known as the LaBianca murder house and it's just up the road from here a couple of miles. This is the place where they wrote "Healter Skelter" and "Death to Pigs" in blood as well as carving the word war in to poor Leno's stomach. I just snapped this riding by but I'd been hanging out there a while and had a little lunch in front of 3267, the house next door where Charlie and the killers walked up the driveway and cut across the lawn. Back in '69, 3267 was a "hippie house" which has certainly changed because now there are BMW's and Jaguars in the driveway and the house is probably worth three million. I prefer the hippie joint, myself. But the place had attracted Manson so I guess there's a downside to all upsides. Just ask Christians.

Cue inspiration
In search of my own cold blood
Does it rise or sink

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be glad when Halloween is over and you can abandon the skulls. People are going to think you are way too weird.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home