My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

All I need...

Last night I had the pleasure to attend a special screening of "Ryan's Daughter" at the LA Film School which has a 300 seat theater with THX sound and state of the art facilities. My friend Jeff is on the faculty there and has access to this enormous toy and we put it to the test in grand fashion. Imagine having your own theater without being Michael Jackson. Jeff and I, along with Annabelle for dressing, kicked back and were in awe of our situation, watching one of the great overlooked classics in a format that probably never would have come to pass otherwise. Our own actual theater with a screen bigger than most that you'll find these days and any seat you want that wasn't occupied by the two other people left us feeling giddy. Even after four hours in there we were ready to watch it again. Now we want to watch every David Lean film in our own pleasure palace, the only drawback being that there's no safe haven for portable euphoria but there's always the back alley life.
Otherwise the California cleanse continues and I sweep the dust from mind and body in preparation for deeds that I must perform which is cool since I have my black 1970 VW bug which is terrible to drive but I love every minute of it, priming the pump and trying to work the break at the same time while making big pulls on the ultra thin steering wheel, listening to the AM radio pour out of the speakers that straddle the speedometer and not knowing how to work the heater because nothing is labeled which is fine since I'm in high school again. Stay gold, Pony Boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home