My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Fertile Poetic Ground

Several haikus came to pass last night and some were stream of subconcious type, you see.

Just out for a spin
because the light air demands it
equals the price

Lifted by current
events in the golden hills
have eyes to compete

and one for my grandmother who moved on last month and was quite a poet herself

All are welcome in the cold
earth while the west wind
whips over the southern hills
and the ghosts of my life
crunch the brown leaves
on the dead grass on
the red clay on that...
January day

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man -- I like the poem about your grandmother. It's more focused and concrete, less abstract (though still pretty abstract and poetic) than some of your other poems. Cool images and language.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home