My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Night Equals Day


The equator leveled off 41 minutes ago and we enter the period when night and day learn to share. Still, this shining ball of blue we call our home is tilting toward the sun and I offer my own pale skin, so starved of colour now. Time to cut into the winter growth and expose myself to new forces and problems. The wind thunders and swirls in a rage at this dark minute while the sun is away and I listen to an Omni show of the Grateful Dead from this date, 3/20 in 1993. Those were salad days of a different sort when this time of year meant spring training for the Braves and spring tour for the Dead. I still have the Braves but recordings of Birdsong and all the rest will have to do until the next messiah cometh. I miss the Dead and the Omni and the Hawks and basic decent fair play. This spring will hardly rock which is to say that the manner in which it rocks will be hard.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy me some Peanuts & HGH, I don't care if steroids are banned ... yay, another season filled with talk of the taking of banned substances and now whether or not Roger Clemens will get into the Hall of Fame.

Usually I love this time of year with Spring Training games and lookin' forward to the METS hopefully squashing Larry & the Braves each and every game ... was so much funner when Mail Ordering for Spring Tour was the most important thing, when a road trip was on the horizon to see Jerry and the boys... ahhhhhh. I think I was at those Atlanta 93 shows ... mighta been '94. I know I was at The Omni for the GD at some point in the 90's. Ahhh well, so many shows, so few brain cells left.

garciya later, bro.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Tony Aguirre said...

A Philistine of a Mets' fan gets through, but all are welcome here at the Menagerie. The Braves will roll like the Juggernaut this year!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Zoooma said...

Not lookin' good -- you're in Last Place! And truth be told, this Mets fan really misses having the Braves on TBS. I used to watch a good amount of baseball because of that. Now it's gone which means I'll get to see a lot less Mets games this year. Peachtree TV, local only?!? Oh well.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home