My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Cro Magnon Masterpiece


I've learned new tricks and embrace the cold which leaves the cold uneasy and confused ... and then I've got him. Perhaps my mother mated with a scorpion. At this point I was going to do a year-in-review piece but the Menagerie is just one big review anyway. Let's just say that 2006 was a link between cycles and let it go at that. "Let the dead bury the dead, Mr. Finch." Right off the bat, the number 2007 is much cleaner and obviously ready for action. Fittingly, the year ended on one of the most ugly kind of days; steady downpour with the moisture and the fog seeping in through the cracks, making it seem like the sun hardly came up at all. Perfect for a couch and football and we'll start fresh next year. That will include a new coach for the Atlanta Falcons, God be praised. We need a southern man for this job, not a redneck, per se, but a tough, steely gambler with riverboat charm. That and technical prowess ought to do the trick. Do I ask for too much? The year really begins on the second, when the norm is restored and most hangovers have percolated down to the bedrock. Now I set myself in the path of the future, not on the rocks but in the hard icy current. You should wager five hundred quatloos on the newcomer, that's me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please refrain from referring to your mother's mating habits in this blog.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you said riverboat charm .... he he. That's funny

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home