My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Walk with the Dead

I realize that it's well past Halloween but I missed out on a lot of the spookiest bits and have a few skeletons to air before they go back into the closet. The quietest time in all of the United States is the few hours after Sunday has turned to Monday. Only the occasional auto rumbles by the bunker, compared to the steady stream the rest of the over-humanized week. It's a nice time to sit and imagine the desert and the mountains which are just down the road but somehow become obscured by the grind of existence during the normal daily routine. Anyway, it's not even cool enough for me to close the window tonight so I listen out for the indescribable sound of the end of night and the start of tomorrow.
For me, post Halloween always had a feeling like it was time for a new beginning and just as fitting a time for resolutions as new year's day. I haven't made any resolutions yet, though. I don't have the time to fritter away with silly resolutions so stop bothering me. It already gets dark here at five in the afternoon which is a bit of a freakout since L.A. is toward the front of the time zone while Atlanta is toward the back in the east. It's just an arbitrary time but for some reason it makes it feel like the day has gotten away, even though there's just as much daylight here as ATL. It's a trick, I tell's ya. Meanwhile, I've got one more scary bit coming so my mother will just have to live with it. Watch this space for spills, chills, and thrills! Or just something weird.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the painting. How long did that one take?

dave

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home