My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Give my Regards to Broadway

The sun has broken through the clouds this afternoon and light fills the room in the apartment of my aunt Gloria, one of the angels on my shoulder.
Santa Gloria, Santa Natalia, and San Felipe are taking great care of me and taking arty pics of my post-surgery recoverings. Funny thing, they have commercials here with a bunch of computer animation to recruit people into the Chilean Navy. Some things are universal, I guess. Maybe I'll join up. It looked exciting. I can see myself in the high seas wrapped around Cape Horn and Tierra del Fuego while I protect Patagonia from the Antarctic penguins. Hey, that's surely just as important as guarding Tikrit from a fruit stand with a grenade launcher.
Last night we had another tremor and this one lasted about fifteen seconds. As it got a little interesting, I realized I didn't have an escape plan and that maybe I should drag myself to the doorway but in the end I just decided to go with the flow. I managed a bath which led to more national rejoicing so we now look to the future, Mr. Geddes, the future. The solstice is upon us which is a perfect time for new beginnings, whichever hemisphere you're in so go out and bang a gong or a drum or, for gosh sakes, bang something. I can't keep giving you these free lessons.
The sun is setting over the foothills to the west and lighting the mighty, snowcapped peaks to the east. But enough words. Actions speak louder than so action... now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home