My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Eyes Have It


This is the sunshine I'll have to deal with the rest of the summer probably, seen here in the hills of Griffith Park where I was walking Walter today since the trails are gorgeous and it's just a ten minute drive away. If you click and zoom in you can see the Hollywood sign in the background. Something of a temple on clear days like this one when the canyons are full of color and you can sorta see the Pacific out there in the wash past the humanity that spreads out in every direction where places like this are gold. My car has a ten gallon tank and today for the first time ever I put more than thirty dollars in at once. Zowie. I shopped around for a good price, too. But enuff gripin' and time for snipin'!

Sparkling sanity
Treasured memory unearthed
With more fires to light

Making my head hurt
When the answer is simple
Now unfuck myself

Piloting my car
Through the west Texas desert
With the hat of death

The thunder behind
Sun falling on the highway
Down to purple deep

Punch and get out into the damp foke night
Which is the opposite of smog day which runs
hot and dry in this crook in the mountains
Trapped by the sea full of great white sharks!

One delicious night
Rainy California
Felt perfectly good

Tucked away in my cave
Hidden in the maze of progress
I catch glimpses of wonder
Every time I climb the stairs
And see the golden hills with the
Mighty, majestic
Palms
Lining the skyscape
and never really shut up

The hat of death was a nice cowboy hat I found on highway 10 about 70 miles west of San Antonio and I just saw it sitting in the emergency lane. When I went back to get it the smell of death was everywhere but there was no head in it. Anyway, those are collected haikus and reflections from the road and the recent past that I didn't want to decay. This is a time to think of like (and life).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is iron in your words of hats

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home