My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Cohete Hombre

Greetings, people of earth. This cool sculpture is in my doctor's office and, frankly, it filled me with confidence. I like the man. Strangely, when he wrote Joseph Aguirre on my prescription it looked almost exactly like my dad's signature Jose Aguirre if you covered up the ph. I guess handwriting is a national tradition passed down here. A freak heat wave swept in today and it didn't feel like winter at all with the temp getting up to around 70. Much of the haze was swept off the mountains and just about every compass point held something special. Dr. Orizola, or Alejandro as Felipe calls him, told me things look great, even though I was a little put off by the twisted angle my foot dangled at when he removed the cast. Still, he told me that I didn't have to restrict movement anymore but I didn't dance out of the office as I still have two weeks on crutches until I start rehab when they get medieval on my ass.
I regained a measure of normal life as I went to my cousin Francisca's tonight for dinner and it felt great just to get out and watch a little bit of the world go by. Also I will sleep on my stomach tonight and I rejoice because I don't think I've slept more than three hours in a row since the operation Friday as I can't sleep on my back but I had to keep the foot elevated. Ahh, I can feel comfort flowing over me just thinking about it. Fuck yeah, as they say. Team America, but the funny thing is that my cousins introduce me to people as un Norte Americano which is quite correct and I don't know where we got the idea that calling ourselves Americans was exclusive to the space between the borders of Canada and Mexico. I'm also referred to by many as gringo which suits me fine, as long as it doesn't show outwardly. Onwards and onwards as upwards we go. With my clean report from the doc we'll be heading out for a long weekend in Vina del Mar which holds many delights. More than ever I'm reminded that... "someday, everything's gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece." Thank you, Mr. Dylan with a smile and a nod to Los Muertos Agradecidos. Translate that one!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Grateful Dead

5:36 AM  
Blogger That Darned Budman said...

She's right you know. I hate that she did it first. Grrrrr. Glad you're doin better, bro. Drop me a line.

9:45 PM  
Blogger C. Martin Croker said...

Hey "The Scream's" gettin' his leg cut off!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it that the darned budman posts his picture with his comments.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it that anonymous likes that darned budman posts his picture with his comments.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home