My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sugar Shock

This fabulous puppet show was followed by the power rock fusion of Spinal Tap!! Not really, and the puppets didn't even get a dressing room. These are photos of the grand fiesta to celebrate little Jacinta's fourth birthday. There were many kids and clowns and games and inflatable wonders and and lots of sugar filled treats, this being Chile. I ate a piece of the cake and nearly went into a coma but there was wine to cut the experience down to size. If you click on the pic below you can make out your humble narrator, propped up in the back row. I liked the horse. Jim, if you're out there, please tell us what that's from, or anyone can take a stab if they like.
After the chairman of the board spoke and put all the little dollies to sleep, we grown-ups were still wired and talked long into the night about philosophy, astral projection, sex, sexism in Chile, art, karma, and then watched an episode of Family Guy with which I am poisoning the masses. Two friends of Felipe, Ignacio and Carolina, had seen Family Guy before and I asked them if they had seen the episode where Stewie sings Rocket Man, a la Shatner. They had. Then I asked them if they knew why he did this. They didn't know so I pulled it up on YouTube.com and showed them the original from Captain Kirk himself back in 1978. They didn't quite know what to make of that one but I had given them knowledge and they were grateful.
Today we regained a little sanity and by night were ready for a movie. Felipe and I met Flaco (the Thin Man) and his sister at the cinema where we saw La Corporacion (Le Couperet), a film by Costa Gavras. The chick at the ticket window assured my cousin that it was in english with spanish subtitles. Well, we sat down and a barrage of french came our way but it was very easy for me to make out the story even though it was complicated and I laughed at the funny parts, right along with everyone else. Meanwhile, when I heard I'd be meeting the sister of El Flaco I couldn't help but picture a woman seven feet tall with sideburns and a five-o'clock shadow. Of course that wasn't the case and she was stunning and delicate. I wish I had a photo of her to display but I don't think that will happen. Anyway, I'll be dreaming of her for a while which is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home