My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Four Winds Blow

Hollywood, USA and this part of the city has a low-lying buzz to it. "Rebels are we, born to be free, just like the fish in the sea." Truly, even on a Sunday night here, a low rumble subverts the cooling asphalt. In my charge is Tina, a winsome feline of black and white that has adjusted to the helicopters which are buzzing the neighborhood here on June St. This be a strange land of extravagance and adventure and something far below that but I prefer to think of the grand prix aspects in the realm of possibilities. The house is mine for a while and I am alone for the first time since my body began to fray. Ten minutes 'til two and things have mellowed. The day will be remembered as the day that Roger Federer won his fourth straight Wimbledon, defeating Rafael Nadal who will drive the standard ever higher. Also, Italia triumphed over France in the World Cup in a gorgeously memorable game with a beautiful light reloading over the stadium in Berlin. The Atlanta Braves won again the day before the break and we're ready for the heat of summer charge. Why don't you get on board for the big score?
In a relaxed moment, I don't have to think about the long distance I've traveled and I think forward to a fence to whitewash with two coats and I think of the sting of the sun in July in the south and the acrid smell of plant life. Instead I have the land of milk and honey and Hollywood with all the screaming souls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home