My Photo
Name:
Location: The Promised Land

This is my triumphant return to the lifestyle I've always furthered and forwarded in my heart, at least, so let's blast off. The first half of my life has been incredible and the second segment will include more splendors than any Ottoman Sultan could ever have wished for in his golden repose. Anyway, fasten your laughter belt cuz you're on a collision course with wackiness.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Dark Star in the Park


Mr. B., that skeleton sure is a doosie! The Grateful Dead played Atlanta's Piedmont Park thirty-seven years ago today, 7/7/69. Give it a listen at http://www.archive.org/details/gd69-07-07.sbd.clugston.3116.sbeok.shnf Just another wave of nostalgia for the summer of'69. Meanwhile, it would be interesting to see worlds collide once in a while but that is a joy for another age so I'm shut out just before the All-Star break. One game, though, would constitute a winning streak and one is where life begins after, um, two, I guess and..

The screech of the night
On the quiet summer air
Secret source of strength

Georgia sixty nine
The lights of my memory
Better than today

The dew drip south has soothed me and I'm glad for my time here, odd as it's been, and I feel the pull of the west and hope someone else shall yet wheel me to a plane and deliver me to another wacky devil-may-care escapade triumph tour de farce. Start your engines and get off your tractors because if you do the work quickly then the walkin' boss won't have anything else for you to do that day. I think a walkin' boss blocks my path to the future which, of course, is where you and I will spend the rest of the day. Let's' start small.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice squeletal friend you got there. i wonder, what nice person gave it to you, mmmmm...
hope you are doing fine my dear. let me know any news, please. you are in Atlanta, right? going back to LA, or not?
cheers, my rocket man.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in case you didn't realise, it is me, natapotter, here from Edinburg!!

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7/7/69 Piedmont Park? Wow. So many shows... sometimes it seems that all the years combine, they melt into a dream... I'm gonna have to check that out, that's a totally obscure show that I must have passed right over, maybe because I never imagined, like so many others from the 60's, that it would even exist! No way it could be Dick's Picks quality but that's what'll give it charm!

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home